- Owner: Fire Department of BY Facilities Management
- Architect: Studio Gang Architects
- Engineer of Record: Thornton Tomasetti Engineers
- General Contractor: ZHL Group, Inc.
- PCI-Certified Erector: JEMCO Erectors, Inc.
- Project Cost: $32 Million
- Project Size: 20,000 sq. ft.
- 2021 PCI - Best Government & Public Building
FDNY Firehouse Rescue #2
Located in a city neighborhood, the FDNY rescue facility was designed for an elite force of specialized rescue workers to stage and simulate a wide range of emergency conditions. The members of the rescue company train to respond to various emergency scenarios, including fires, building collapses, water rescues, and scuba operations.
Key Project Attributes
- The fire-resistant durability of the precast design was crucial in the design of this training facility.
- Site access was a challenge due to the busy city surroundings. Maintaining a strict delivery schedule enabled a smooth and quick project erection of the project.
- The unique use of hollow core and double T’s were used in the flooring of this TPS allowed for a maximum open area while maintaining a sturdy structure.