- Owner: Reading Community Schools
- Architects VSWC Architects
- Engineer of Record: GOP Limited
- General Contractor: Shook Touchstone
- Project Cost: $51 Million
- Precast Cost: $4.6 Million
- Precast Size: 70,800 Ft^2 Walls, 139,600 Ft^2 Floor Planks 70,800 ft2 Walls, 139,600 ft2 Floor Planks
Reading K-12 School
The Reading Community Schools made the decision to combine its three individual schools into one school that would house 15,000 students. The owners worked with an architect to design the school with a traditional look using brick and limestone trim. The architect, Earl Crossland, was able to achieve that look using precast concrete.
Key Project Attributes
- The traditional look is achieved by using a thin brick veneer.
- Hybrid construction using precast and other building materials allowed construction in stages with various building materials.
- The inside of the thermally efficient sandwich wall panels is exposed and painted throughout the entire school for thermal efficiency, durability, and low maintenance.